If you grow your own spinach you will find that this green vegetable is ready to eat throughout the winter. If not it is very inexpensive at the grocer's shop (Verdulero). A simple but tasty Spanish tapas that's ready in 20 minutes. This is a popular and traditional tapas dish in southern Spain and is ideal for vegetarians and vegans. Garbanzos are a source of protein add-in in some spinach, and you have a tasty and healthy tapas.
PREP TIME: 5 Minutes
COOK TIME: 15 Minutes
SERVINGS: 4 People
1 tablespoon olive oil good quality
3 large cloves of garlic
2 heaped teaspoons sweet paprika
1 heaped teaspoon hot paprika
300gm spinach chopped
400gm Jar chickpeas lightly drained
1 flat teaspoon cumin
1 tablespoon wine vinegar
1. In a wok, heat the olive oil and add chopped garlic.
2. Cook on medium heat until golden.
3. Add the paprika, cumin and chopped spinach; mix well.
4. Add another tablespoon of oil and stir until cooked (about 5 minutes).
5. Add a pinch of salt.
6. Add chickpeas and mix everything together. Drizzle the vinegar in, mixing well.
7. Cook for about 10 more minutes until the chickpeas are tender.
8. The flavours of this dish develop, cook in the morning and reheat gently later in the day.
Please add together
4 + 8 =
Subscribe to our mailing list to receive our Newsletters
Visit-Andalucia.com is a leading edge Destination Information Site in Andalucia.
Visit Andalucia is aimed specifically at people visiting or intending to live in, and the expat population of Andalucia. Those people are looking for all their leisure activities and the products and services that make their time in Andalucia fulfilling. Those people are actively looking for your business.
Like us on
Mobile +34 634 344 163 (Nick)
Mobile +34 647 379 245 (Julie)